Ki Mizion Ma'aleh Sifrita Chava Rav Aviner עברית

Donations

Since its establishment thirty years ago, Yeshivat Ateret Yerushalayim has resided in the heart of the (liberated) Old City.

The Yeshiva is the spiritual epicenter of a community of almost 1000 residents in the heart of the Old City in the so-called "Moslem" Quarter.  This area was in fact, prior to the Arab riots, largely inhabited by Jews.  It is on this historical basis that we refer to it now as the Renewed Jewish Quarter.

In keeping with the educational goals of our Rosh Yeshiva, Ha-Rav Shlomo Aviner Shilt"a, the Yeshiva's 1500 graduates have established themselves in a wide variety of professions fields.  Dispersed throughout the country, these men now serve as heads of educational institutions, pre-military and other yeshivot, as senior IDF officers and in key security positions.  Others are active in law, media, hi-tech, management and business.

At present, 250 students are learning in one of the Yeshiva's three institutions:

  1. The Yeshiva Gevoha, the higher institute of Torah studies: 120 unmarried students
  2. The Kollel: 80 married students
  3. The Pre-Military Academy: 50  students

During this complex period in which we are living, when there is a feeling of crisis both spiritual and existential, we must strengthen our hold on Jerusalem, our Holy City.

Now is the time to strengthen our connection to Jerusalem, to strengthen the voice of Torah in our Holy City and beyond, and by doing so, become partners in the supreme mitzvah of building Jerusalem and Torah learning.

Bivracha,
Yeshivat Ateret Yerushalayim